Why do I work with moms who want to kick overindulging to the curb and get healthier?
First, I get it! I am a mother of 3 boys, and I know how difficult it can be to manage it all and how leading a family can feel so overwhelming. It does not have to be that way. There are ways to reduce and overcome the stress and anxiety of being a parent without diminishing your vitality and your integrity.
Second, parents are role models. Studies indicate that when parents model good health and healthy lifestyle choices, it’s the #1 indicator of a child’s future health and the future of our young people. Children are going to do what their parents do, not what they say.
Third, Moms need love too. They mother everyone, and rarely receive the quality of care, love and attention that they provide others, let alone from a health practitioner and mentor. Mothers need someone to advocate for them as they are the glue that holds together their home. With a little strategic and loving support, moms can break free of American culture that makes it far too easy to live unconsciously.
Some of the characteristics of my best clients include:
- Are open to exploring new habits and trying new things, so they get good results.
- Are feeling enthusiastic and have a bit of a love of learning.
- Like to set goals and have a history of achieving them.
- Are responsible, high-functioning individuals who are ready to show up and prioritize their overall wellness.
Some of the kind of moms I work with are:
- Small business owners who need to be their best at work and at home
- Stay at home parents who want to be a great role model
- New empty nesters ready for a change (or second act!)
- Career moms who want to wind down without turning to food and drink